21 April 2009

No No Nos!

Something 4 The Weekend # 114, featuring Yeah Yeah Yeahs, has been removed from HOT POOP by Blogspot after the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry contacted Blogger because it violated the terms of the DMCA.

Information wants to be free, but the Universal Music Group feels otherwise. Apparently the half dozen readers of this blog might download the two Yeah Yeah Yeahs' songs I uploaded, thus sending UMG into fiscal ruin.

Now that I'm on the IFPI's radar, I suspect more of my S4TW posts might disappear, and of course, the HOT POOP blog itself might ultimately be taken down and myself banished from Blogger for continued illegalities.

Too bad, UMG...I've spent and awful lot of money on my music collection over the past three decades ( I have approximately 8,000 albums in my collection, all paid for legitimately), but you will never get another dime from me.

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger AceAtredies said...

You know, I kinda wondering when this would catch up with you. Too bad that the music indutry is so jerky, huh?
I keep hoping they'll evolve out of this possisive phase, and see that some copying strengthens the brand (like recording Football games to enjoy your team later)

One example of how to do it is: http://youresittingonit.blogspot.com/
They are publishing their own material, though (their own recordings form an "indie" label, a guy with a recorder and no way to master things.

April 21, 2009 10:28 PM  
Blogger Hank Mohaski said...

Very cool site, Ben, but I don't think something like that would exactly work for me, since I only have about 6-8 regular readers of this blog, and it seems that site depends on people sending in stuff...Unless I'm totally understanding the site wrong...

The music industry IS jerky, but they're also pretty stupid, and unable to separate REAL PIRACY, which does impact their bottom line, and the kind of activities I'm doing here...

I suppose it's just easier for their lawyers to come after the "little guy" like me, than try to dismantle the pirated CD and DVD empires that flourish in places like China and South Korea...

April 22, 2009 1:21 PM  
Blogger choochick said...

Oh Hank I would be totally devastated if your blog were to disappear! That is the biggest crock of shhhhhhhhhhhit – sorry. I guess I still have everything-a-thon or you can just marry me!

April 23, 2009 4:24 PM  
Blogger Hank Mohaski said...

LOL...

That's for yr kind words, choochick...

I wish I could say that I'm the marrying kind, but I can't, and somehow, I get the feeling you're not the marrying kind either. But then, I don't really know you...

Maybe we meet halfway (Cleveland?) for a torrid lost weekend! j/k

Hotcha!

April 25, 2009 1:40 PM  
Blogger choochick said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 27, 2009 6:24 PM  
Blogger choochick said...

Hah - I would dive in head first into a torrid lost weekend and that is probably what makes me the non-marrying kind! But you were just kidding.

April 27, 2009 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home