03 June 2011

Something 4 The Weekend # 206






I swaggered up to the checkout at Best Buy tonight with the new Tyler The Creator CD in hand, and the black college dude working the register kinda looked at me like he might've dropped a deuce in his drawers, like "what's this greybeard doing with some Golf Wang shit?".
For some reason it reminded me of the time a few years back when the black college dude and his friends next door heard me pumping this album through my living room windows while they were shooting hoops. The next evening when I came home from work they called me over, asked me about it, and in quick order we were talking about Hip Hop and playing a loose game of H-O-R-S-E. I actually schooled their asses a bit about Hip Hop, but I couldn't hit from downtown to save my life.


Anyways, after that night I drank and smoked and played dominoes with those guys a few times in their garage, but Luke moved to Minneapolis a year or so later, and that was that. It was fun while it lasted.

A Filipino lesbian lives there now, and she seemed pretty cool the couple of times I've talked to her. I don't know if she likes Danger Mouse & Gemini, or Hip Hop in general, and I'm not gonna guess.

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home