17 September 2012

Something 4 A Monday In September


Tape Jazz Massacre:  100%:  "Smokin' Aspirin"  [mp3]

Tape Jazz Massacre are two dudes I've known for years, Ornette Yukahiro and Big Jimmmmi Cakefingers.  Some folks from around Madison think that I am Big Jimmmmi, and for the sake of ongoing mystery and TJM mythology and branding, I'll simply say that nobody's ever seen Ornette and I in the same place at the same time either, so...

Tape Jazz Massacre sample and loop and repeat and generally fuck with other people's intellectual property, and try to turn it into something slightly different and maybe original and hopefully interesting.  I'm not sure what the source material is for this song, "Smokin' Aspirin", but my guess is something by Matthew Shipp.  I am 100% sure that I provide the vocals on this song, and that all of it is 100% true, because the name of this album is 100%, and 100% is what Tape Jazz Massacre demand of themselves and those they choose to work with.

Hotcha!  Hank

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home