25 June 2009

The Ballad Of Ed McMahon


I meant to post this Tuesday night, when Ed McMahon passed away, but I gotta be honest - I've been completely absorbed in The Wire. I've been watching the complete series on DVD, straight through, and Tuesday night? Let's see - I was probably somewhere in the middle of Season Three...
Anyways, I don't think I've ever posted any of my own music on HOT POOP...I'd have to check...I'm typically not one to self-promote too much...
This is a simple song I wrote and recorded to 4-track in one take with two microphones around 2002. It's a song about sidekicks, and how being second best, and knowing yr second best, can be a mighty sad place to be...It's not a great song by any means, but it's a song, innit? And it's relevant, right?
Rest In Peace, Mr. McMahon.
Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home