12 June 2009

Something 4 The Weekend # 122


Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians: Element Of Light: "Ted, Woody, and Junior" [mp3]

Robyn Hitchcock's surreal worldview has long been a great source of delight for me...It's not that he necessarily makes me laugh out loud, though he sometimes does, but it's more like smiles and soft chuckles to myself...

"Ted, Woody and Junior" is probably my favorite Hitchcock song, in that regard...After 23 years (Sweet monkey Jesus! 23 years?!?!?!) it still satisfies me in the same small strange way it always has...For me it's the bridge of the song...

"It's a wonderful world with a lot of strange men, who are standing around, and they're all wearing towels..."

That's a good line...It's a funny image...To me, anyways...

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home