20 November 2009

Something 4 The Weekend # 144


The Jesus & Mary Chain: Psychocandy: "Taste Of Cindy" [mp3]

One must wonder if Dean Wareham was using "Taste Of Cindy" as inspiration when he wrote "Cindy Tastes Of Barbecue", featured on last week's S4TW...

Well, one mustn't, but one could...Is mustn't even a word?

I just checked Merriam-Webster.com, and hell yeah, it's listed...

One could wonder about these things. About Dean Wareham's inspirations. About contractions. But I'm gonna reminisce about the Cindy I knew who tasted like a Beth I knew....
.......
Beth...
.......

The Beth I knew tasted like Root Beer. I knew her the year this album came out. She didn't like The Jesus & Mary Chain at all, her tastes running towards Classical and German Opera. I was fairly apathetic about JMC then, and I guess I still am now. While I love tons of distortion and feedback in many situations, I've just never been much of a fan of heavy reverb in almost any situation. All things considered, this is a pretty cool song (it's brevity is a plus+++), and I can respect JMC for sounding pretty much nothing like any other band that had come before them...

I have no idea whether the Cindy I knew who tasted like a Beth I knew liked or disliked The Jesus & Mary Chain, or even knew who they are.

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home