24 July 2010

Something 4 The Weekend # 175



Dinosaur Jr.: Bug: "Yeah We Know" [mp3]

I came to the realization this past week that Isaac, my older cat, has gone deaf.

I had my suspicions that something wasn't right a couple of weeks ago, when Isaac stopped greeting me at the door when I came home after work, but I decided that he's a fifteen year old cat that had simply become bored with me, so to speak.

Then, about a week ago, I realized that his mewling had gotten louder. Not insanely loud, but noticeably louder. I was intrigued by this development, but certainly didn't chalk it up to anything significant, because in all other respects, he was behaving as he normally did.

On Wednesday night, I was pouring cat food into his dish, and realized he didn't come running at the sound as he always did, instead sitting non-chalantly on the back of the couch, staring absently at nothing (or the ghost) in the living room.

Long story short - Isaac has gone deaf sometime in the past 2-3 weeks, and while this is a fairly common occurrence for older cats, it still saddens me more than I thought it would or could.

Dinosaur Jr is his favorite band.

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home