18 October 2006

THEY LIED


My friend Lisa visited from the Chicago burbs a couple weeks ago, and she spotted this bit of graffiti on Willie Street, pulled over, and took this picture, which turned out rather nicely...

Actually, it probably isn't right to call this "graffiti"...After all, there's a frame...

THEY LIED

This is Madison, WI, which has been historically one of the most liberal/progressive cities in the United States. I don't know exactly how true that is anymore, outside the walls of UW, but we DID give Kerry about 80% of the vote in 2004, and that's saying something.

The Willie Street neighborhood has gentrified alot over the past decade, but at least those $400,000 houses are owned by rich hippies, and those rich hippies know who lied...

Chances are, you knew exactly who lied the moment you saw this picture too.

THEY LIED. They all lie.

Some lie better than others, and some just lie more than others, but every last one of 'em do it, cuz that's what politicians do.

I had forgotten about this when Lisa emailed me a few days ago, and then she sent me the picture, and...Even when I'm not smoked out every day, I tend to forget.

Hi Lisa!

Anyways, the most interesting part of this picture, the thing that makes it brilliantly perfect, is that sign at the corner that reads

WE BUY.

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home