27 April 2007

Speaking of Jeff Beck



I've been a huge Jeff Beck fan since about the age of 12 or so...Hard to believe, probably, but oddly enough, my dad turned me onto him after finding me air guitaring along to Van Halen one evening. "Oddly enough" because my dad was almost exclusively an Outlaw Country kinda guy, ya know? All I know is Jeff Beck, while being fairly famous and well-respected, is still perhaps the most overlooked and underappreciated guitarist I can think of...An utterly amazing player, and a true master of melody...What's perhaps most impressive of all, to me, is that throughout his 40+ year career, he has been constantly evolving and has never been afraid to embrace and experiment with new technologies and the styles those technologies birth...A true seeker, through and through...

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home