14 April 2007

Something 4 The Weekend # 33


My Teenage Stride are from Brooklyn, and I downloaded their (debut?) album, Ears Like Golden Bats, a couple of weeks ago from eMusic, and I've found myself returning to its pop charms repeatedly since...I keep thinking they sound a bit like REM, if REM were from New Zealand instead of Georgia, but I think that comparison is probably useless to most everyone but me...


The band, and the album, are joyously retro to me, one who usually curses such lack of innovation...The sound lightly touches on so many forgotten bands from the past without dishonoring them. They borrow deftly, and work those gems into well-written songs of their own, making My Teenage Stride one of those rare bands that seems like they've been with us and belonged for a long time...
Shame about the cover, though.

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home