19 January 2008

Something 4 The Weekend # 53


You may recall that the Swedish punk band Refused entitled their 1998 album The Shape Of Punk To Come, and upon first listen to the British punk band Gallows debut album, Orchestra Of Wolves, I can't help but thinking these guys took Refused's words to heart, because I hear Refused influence all over this record.

And that's all I really have to say about the band. I chose the song "Stay Cold" because the high temperature today is expected to reach zero degrees fahrenheit, with windchills around 20 below zero. I was just out running errands (gotta make sure I've got enough coffee beans for the long weekend) and while all the meteorologists like to toss around the word "bitter" to describe this kind of weather, I find it rather invigorating.


Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home