04 March 2008

The Dream Is Still Alive!


Whew!

Lemme tell you, babycakes, yesterday was an emotional trainwreck of a day for yours truly...

Early in the day, it was announced around the blogosphere (is it still okay to use that word?) that Winona Ryder had become engaged to boyfriend Blake Sennett, guitarist for the indie rock band Rilo Kiley.
This was devastating news for me, as I've had an enormous crush on Winona for approximately 20 years now...So enormous that she's been #1 on my Laminated List for all those years. Oh, other able-bodied starlets have come and gone from that list, but Winona, bless her heart, has never budged from #1, even whilst dating Dave Pirner from Soul Asylum.
But then, later in the day, Winona's publicist issued a statement indicating that Winona and Blake WERE NOT, I repeat, NOT engaged to be married.
You can imagine my relief, which sounded alot like the the hydraulic lift at my mechanic's garage.
Anyways, it seems to me that where there is smoke, there is fire, and even if yesterday's announcement was false, I won't be as surprised when a real and true engagement announcement is made in the near future. Until then, I will hold on to hope as tightly as I can, because c'mon, it's completely within the realm of possibility that Winona and I could meet someday, and she would instantly recognize that the two of us were soulmates, destined to spend the second half of our lives together, smoking weed and stealing luxury cars from Park'n'Ride lots, just like that re-occuring dream I have.
I just wish I wasn't ambivalent about Rilo Kiley. Man, that band does absolutely NOTHING for me, aesthetically or emotionally.
Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home