15 March 2008

Real Emotional Sideways Maneuver



So, this is the new Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks line-up soundchecking a song called "Out Of Reaches" from the new album, Real Emotional Trash. At the risk of offending the faithful, including my own damn self, it's a lackluster performance, soundcheck or not, of a fairly pedestrian Pavement/Malkmus-sounding song. Don't get me wrong, Malkmus' melodies get me damn near every time, and I've always had an affinity for his inventive 'n' unpolished guitar noodling...There's just better songs on the new album and I guess we'll hafta wait awhile for better videos...There's a live video for "Dragonfly Pie" but the audio on that one is so fucking horrid that I shouldn't have even mentioned it.

Janet Weiss. *sigh*

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home