01 May 2008

EVERYTHINGATHON! May 2008


Volume 77 of the EVERYTHINGATHON! podcast is now available for streaming and downloading at my website of the same name, and let me tell you, babycakes, it's nothing less than epic. "Epic" because it's nearly 80 minutes long. "Epic" because it includes 48 songs (whole and parts) from the year 1977..."Epic" because I'm Hank Mohaski.
Since it's Volume 77, this month's episode is dedicated 100% to the year 1977, when I was a young manchild, grappling with the new fur on my noodle and the new and exciting feelings I had for the fairer sex that went along with that fur. 1977 was also a fairly pivotal year for me in terms of music, when Punk broke through in America for the first time, when all that "Classic Rock" was still fresh and Non-Classic, when a dork like Alan O'Day could hit the top of the Billboard Charts with a piece of cheese like "Undercover Angel", and I was still willing to sing along without a speck of irony...
1977 gave us Star Wars, terrorism in Washington DC, the death of Elvis Presley, and an unusual number of plane crashes...
Anyways, you'll have to listen to the entire 80 minutes of this month's EPIC podcast to get all the juicy details of a year and an era some of you might not even have been alive yet to witness in all it's weird glory...Available for the month of May, until another outstanding, if not EPIC, podcast comes along...
Enjoy, and get it on...
Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home