19 July 2008

Sweet Sideways Laminated Weekend Maneuver


Well, I certainly didn't plan this, or even give it a single thought, but I direct your attention to the #1 and #2 ladies on my 2008 Laminated List...
Winona Ryder and Evangeline Lilly...

I now direct your attention to tracks 5 and 6 on Matthew Sweet's 1991 album, Girlfriend...

Like I said, I didn't plan any of this, so I can only attribute this phenomenon to one of two possibilities...First, that I've listened to this album so many times over the past 17 years (sweet lord, 17 years!), that this sequence has been floating around in my subconscious for awhile now...OR secondly, that Matthew Sweet is a warlock...
Now, these two songs are fine songs, but they're definitely not the strongest cuts on this great album...However, if I wanted this to be a stronger post, there'd hafta be hot starlets named "Divine Intervention", "Thought I Knew You", or simply "Girlfriend"...
If only Dr. Girlfriend was real...
Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tuesday Weld

July 25, 2008 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home