20 November 2008

Casserole Is Friendship, But Soup Is Cheap Eating



Stephen Colbert is right, as he usually is - the "soup wars" are indeed heating up. With the economy currently collapsing, and the coming winter here in the midwest, there are soup commercials at every break on television, sometimes more than one per break, and yes, that commercial Colbert plays in the clip above is the most prolific, second only to that "Saved By Zero" Toyota commercial overall...And I'll tell you what, the very first time I saw that commercial, and heard that blindfolded woman say "the Petersons-Jacobs farm, I believe", I vowed to myself that I would never eat Campbell's Select Harvest brand soup, which is an easy vow because I never eat soup from a can. That's what a crockpot is for...

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home