03 April 2009

Something 4 The Weekend # 112


Paul Weller can do no wrong in my world. Whether it was The Jam, The Style Council, or his subsequent solo career, everything he does is pure gold. He's proven himself to be a master songwriter in pretty much any style he chooses, he's an astute lyricist, a surpisingly soulful singer, and a pretty righteous guitarist.

And I wish I could claim that I "discovered" Paul Weller on my own, but the truth of the matter is that it was my younger sister who actually introduced me to The Jam. I have no idea how or why she liked The Jam, because they were so different than the stuff she usually listened to back then - The Bee Gees, Shaun Cassidy, Bay City Rollers, etc. But damn if she didn't have two or three Jam albums in her collection, and I remember hearing their All Mod Cons album thumping through the wall separating our bedroom one day, and I was pretty much immediately hooked.

So, thank you, sister Starsky, for 30+ years of solid entertainment. Excellent fucking call.

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home