07 August 2009

Something 4 The Weekend # 130



The new Meryl Streep and Amy Adams film, Julie & Julia, is out in theaters right now, babycakes, and while I have no songs about Julie Powell to offer, I DO have two Tape Jazz Massacre songs that sample Julia Childs quite heavily, so this weekend seems like the perfect weekend to unleash 'em...


For the record, and not that it's much of a suprise, I am one half of the sampling duo that is Tape Jazz Massacre...I am the Big Jimmmmi Cakefingers half, and my job is mostly cutting up words and mixing drinks...Ornette Yukahiro is the other half, and he mostly does the music and woolie-rolling...His software, my record collection...

As always, 100%!

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the fist time ever I do not have to download and sample the audio candy you are offering. I already have them, as well as every other TJM song. YES!! On my very first MP3 player, a 128 Mb Ondio (which I got for its primitive direct in MMP3 recording) I always kept 2 songs on it, never deleted them no matter how hard up I got for room --
They were (a digitally lamiated list): Nirvana SLTSpirit and A Tape Jazz Supreme.

Congrats on yer Art!
And which came first, Tape Jazz Sup or Beef Tongue?

August 09, 2009 9:24 AM  
Blogger Hank Mohaski said...

Hi Ben!

FUN FACTS about these songs...

Beef Tongue came two or three years before Poached Chicken Runaround...

Beef Tongue Supreme was only the third song TJM ever did with cooking/food samples, after two Ron Popeil infomercial things...

KA-BOB! KA-BOB!

Ornette Yukahiro keeps saying he's putting together the music for aBAKING WITH TAPE JAZZ MASSACRE album, but he's also been been supposedly working for the past three years on the music for MASSACRE OF REALITY, our Heavy Metal record...

Time will tell...

Sampling culture seems a bit played out at the moment...Tired and out of fresh ideas...

CAKEFINGERS OUT!!!!!

August 13, 2009 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home