12 February 2010

Something 4 The Weekend # 153


I don't know how the weather's been by you this winter, but here in Madison, it's been a very damp winter. Not too many exceedingly cold days, and aside from the 18 inches we got in about 36 hours back at the beginning of the season, we haven't had much snow this year, but it's been a damn damp winter, and I mention it only because it's a bit unusual. Winters are usually dry affairs.
Anyways, there's still 5 weeks of winter, according to groundhogs and other notoriously unreliable varmints and critters, and February is often the cruelest month around here, so I'm sure we'll get nailed at least once more before spring with big snow and brutal temperatures.
This damp winter certainly has been cruel to my knees and my hands, the ghosts of old football and blue collar injuries coming back again and again to remind me of who I was and where I came from. Linebacker, dishwasher, tight end, short order cook, fullback, forklift operator...
Blather...
This Olivia Tremor Control song is a small taste of next month's EVERYTHINGATHON! podcast, and that's about all to say about that. I could bore you with the backstory of the band, but instead, here's a Wikilink about The Elephant 6 Collective. As a dude in flannel that spent the better part of the 80's and 90's sitting in front of a 4-track surrounded by instruments and cheap gear, I really dug/dig what all those E6 bands were doing...
Meanwhile, spring is right around the corner, and soon enough my aches will fade away til November...
Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home