03 February 2010

A Word With Moshammer's Ghost

hump

Function: noun, verb

Etymology: akin to Middle Low German hump bump; Dutch homp lump, chunk; Frisian homp, himp

Date: 1681

01: [n] A rounded protuberance, as on a humpbacked human; "It may seem romantic, him being from Paris, but believe me, dude - that hump wasn't getting the guy any play with the mademoiselles."

02: [n] A fleshy protuberance on the back of an animal; "Look! A Bichon Frise with an enormous hump!"

03: [n] A large hill or mountain (the Himilayan Hump); "The pay is good, I'll give you that, but I'm just sooooo fucking tired of humping lumber over the Himilayan Hump."

04: [v] To carry a heavy load; "...Sooooo tired of humping lumber, man..."

05: [n] British: A fit of depression or sulking; "I do say, ol' chap - I've been in a bit of a hump lately, what with me getting my bollocks bitten off by that Bichon Frise on the very same day the missus left me for the milkman."

06: [n] A difficult, trying, or critical phase or obstacle; "It's gonna be a fucking long, hard hump these next five weeks if we're gonna hit our 4th quarter projections."

07: [v] To have sexual intercourse; "I'm telling you, man - Gary humped his landlady to make rent, and that old bag looks like a Bichon Frise!"

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home