17 June 2011

Something 4 The Weekend # 208

Thin Lizzy: Jailbreak: "Cowboy Song" [mp3]


I usually play CDr's full of random MP3's on my car stereo, and this was the song that was arbitrarily playing during the five minute drive from my house to the veterinarian Wednesday morning.

As I wrote yesterday, Eno the cat had died earlier that morning, and I was taking him to the vet for cremation.

So, I sat there in the parking lot, cold rain pelting my car, and I half-sang, half-sobbed along to the final chorus of "Cowboy Song", staring down at Eno, wrapped in an old Minutemen t-shirt. What Makes A Man Start Fires? was his favorite album.

The wistfulness of this song, mixed with a free-spiritedness, seemed appropriate not only for my final moments with Eno, but his life and personality in general.

"It's okay, amigo, just let me go..."

Rest in peace, Eno-beeno.

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home