24 June 2011

Something 4 The Weekend # 209



Angel: On Earth As It Is In Heaven: "Cast The First Stone" [mp3]

KISS was my favorite band when I was 9-11 years old, so when their label, Casablanca, signed Angel, I started listening to them. Such were the powers Gene Simmons had on my young and impressionable mind.

So, I was into Angel for a year or so, but then another Gene Simmons discovery, Van Halen, captured my curiosity and became my favorite band for the next 2-3 years...

Blather...

By the time I was listening to Frank Zappa with regularity, I didn't give a shit about Angel anymore , so Zappa's song, "Punky's Whips", about drummer Terry Bozzio being in love with Angel's guitarist, Punky Meadows, was riotous to me...

Maybe that'll be next week's S4TW...

For now, bask in the glorious bombast of this sword and sandal epic, and take a look at the band's logo. I still think it's one of the greatest band logos ever, and certainly made me dig this band more than a stupid 10 year old kid really should.



Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home