09 March 2012

Something 4 The Weekend # 238

The Simulated Jerry Martin Situation: Threshold 3000: "Infrastructure" [mp3]

EA/Maxis announced this week that they will be releasing SimCity 5 some time in 2013, and I must admit, I got a simulated boner thinking about it because SimCity is either my second or third favorite video game franchise. Mario Bros and Thief would be the other two.

In terms of hours spent playing, SimCity 3000 Unlimited is probably the game I've spent the most time with, and I still spend a day or two with it four or five times a year. This weekend will likely be one of those occasions.

Actually, I think I'm going to fire it up right now.

And for the record, there really is a Jerry Martin who wrote 20 full-length songs for the SimCity 3000 soundtrack. About half of them are performed by him on synths, and the other half performed by a Jazz quintet. This is one of his songs.

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home