13 November 2006

Scenes From A Mid-Life Crisis # 73

I made some chicken noodle soup tonight. Ya see, my sinuses have been acting up the past few days, and I'm hoping some homemade soup might help loosen things up, so to speak.

Now, what you need to know is that I did my fair share of professional cooking in my younger adult years, which is my way of saying, I'm a pretty damn good cook. In particular, I'm a damn fine soupmaker. Not a "Soup Nazi" though, because I believe that "soup is love" (not to be confused with Robyn Hitchcock's belief that "casserole is friendship")...

But I digress...

So, I made a crockpot full of chicken noodle soup tonight, and I just had the first bowl from the pot a few minutes ago...Sadly, I must report that this batch of soup has reaffirmed the fact that I still haven't mastered the use of celery salt.

I'm 40 years old, and have been cooking seriously for the better part of 20 years, and I have yet to master the the wily celery salt. Granted, it is one of the most difficult seasonings to master, but that is no excuse. After 20 years, I really should have a better handle of the stuff.

This is exactly the kind of thing that keeps me up at night.

That is all. (I bet you never expected to see a picture of celery salt on this blog)...

Hotcha!
Hank

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home