03 July 2007

Hot Poop Filler - ABSOLUTELY GRATIS!!!!!





One of the perks of working for a multi-national media giant is free CDs from the Music division. Two shiny CDs, absolutely gratis, each and every month, and my boss let's me claim his, so I get four.

Here is the artwork for the four I got yesterday. Hot Poop Filler or maybe, just maybe, useful to you in some supertagging kinda way...Otherwise, they might be Art.

What do I know?

You?
Ian Hunter was previously lead singer of Mott The Hoople. You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic features "Cleveland Rocks", perhaps better known as the theme song of The Drew Carey Show, and also "Ships" a song that Ian Hunter wrote and recorded, but Barry Manilow turned into a pretty big MOR hit the same year, 1979.
The multi-national media giant I work for has extensive collection of musicals and Broadway recordings, so I've been choosing one per month, just to build that collection because I can, absolutely gratis, and I gotta say, musicals play pretty well at work - keeping me alert enough to work in Oracle and Excel, etc. Thus, Flower Drum Song by Rogers and Hammerstein featuring Gene Kelly.
The Mirror Man Sessions by Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band was just sitting there all by its lonesome in the catalog, and while I've got about 75% of Beefheart's catalog, including the actual Mirror Man CD, I didn't happen to have this...Score!
I also try to dive into the multi-national media giant's enormous Classical Music catalog, and take something from there each month. For June, it's The Photographer by Philip Glass. I haven't listened to this yet, but the cover art is pretty cool.

Hotcha!
Hank

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home