23 June 2008

"Tits" Doesn't Even Belong On the List...



George Carlin passed away this weekend, as I'm sure you're aware.

I grew up on healthy doses of Carlin. His three classic albums, FM & AM, Class Clown, and Operation Foole, were part of my dad's record collection, and I knew the seven words you can't say on television before I knew what most of those words even meant.

Anyways, I'm not going to bother trying to write something to sum up the man's life and work, or what it meant to me personally. I just thought his passing deserved some sort of acknowledgement. Especially since the mainstream media aren't necessarily falling over themselves to eulogize the man properly. Shit, they're still drunk at Russert's wake, I believe.

To George Carlin - for speaking truth to human stupidity. For making us laugh at ourselves.

RIP, George.

I agree, "tits" sounds like a snack.

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home