13 September 2007

WEBSITE DOWN!

It was inevitable.

Thee Butterscotch Threshold, the website I launched in March of 2002, is out of commission.

Long story short, a friend of mine (whom I've lost contact with over the past couple of years) at AcidPlanet, hosted Thee BST for free on a server she was running down in Dallas. And while I doubt she'll ever read this post, I've got to give a humongous hug and "thanks" to Monica for doing such and ubelievably generous thing for me, for a solid 5+ years. This morning I clicked to find that Thee BST is redirected to HOST ROCKET, so apparently Monica has finally pulled the plug. Like I said, this was inevitable.

So...The question now becomes, do I find a new host for Thee BST, or do I go ahead with plans to launch everythingathon.com? The thing is - The Everythingathon podcast was the only feature at Thee BST which was still being updated regularly, so it only makes sense right now to go ahead with that plan. I love Thee BST, and had many "fans" of the site, so it's a difficult decision if I end up scrapping it forever...I suppose as long as I own the domain, I could ressurrect it at any time...

Anyways, Thee BST's shutdown has a direct impact on this HOT POOP blog, as the mp3 from the Something 4 The Weekend feature were hosted on that BST server...You'll notice that none of the audio streams here anymore...All apologies...

So, I asked before, and I'll ask again, what do YOU think, all six of you regular HOT POOP readers? Do I ressurrect Thee BST, or should I go in a slightly new and different direction and start EVERYTHINGATHON? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for visiting this blog.

Hotcha!
Hank

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Hank, crap news...you should ask around at AP, I'm sure someone will host your website for ya. It would be a tragedy beyond compare if thee BST were to never again see the light of day.
If I hear of anything I'll let you know...in the meantime, hope all's well out in Madison, we were going to come visit you but Mario couldn't wake me up earlier enough.
peace!
iLLogicaL

September 14, 2007 8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be a tragedy if Thee BST were allowed to simply die, like a junkie using an AIDS syringe. Still, I say take this opportunity to freshen it all up. GO with everythingathon, but make BST some kind of secret awesome site that only the cool people know about.

werd Hank.

September 14, 2007 10:06 AM  
Blogger Verniques said...

Damn Hank. As one of your regular six blof readers, I must say that I am indeed saddened by the loss of Thee Bee Ess Tee. This is a sad day for music.

I say nip this in the bud, bud, and make EVRYTHINGATHON the next logical step in the progression of things. After all, it's been a long road for BST, and it seems the EVERYTHINGATHON is the only real updates as of late.

Just my $1.20. Take care...

September 14, 2007 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Hank, deject says he has bandwidth galore, contact him and he'll be happy to host TBST.
Hope all's well,
iLL

September 14, 2007 1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes hit me up we can probably work something out...

September 14, 2007 1:15 PM  
Blogger Hank Mohaski said...

Illogical!

Deject!

Vernixx!

Ahoy hoy, gentlemen...

Thanks for yr kind words and suggestions...Deject - I might just have to take you up on the hosting offer...

I've been reading the TOS's at several cheap webhosts, like hostgator and hostrocket, and it would seem to me a podcast like EVERYTHINGATHON, or any other sort of mp3 sharing, violates the TOS's, and I'm wondering how closely they track that kind of usage, and whether they really enforce their TOS's...

Any experience in this regard to share?

I hope you guys are doing well, and one of these days I will return to the AP forums...

For truth...

Hotcha!
Hank

September 18, 2007 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home