12 December 2007

ROUGH RYDERS: Week Fourteen


Week Fourteen is actually the first round of the APFL playoffs, wherein our beloved Winona Rough Ryders took on Team Excelsior for the second straight week and third time this season, and I am happy to report that we won once again, if not so handily as last week.

Not so handily because of my horrible management choices at the WR position. Long story short, the four WR in my starting lineup combined for 30.1 FP. On the other hand, the three remaining WR on my bench combined for 54.1 FP. Essentially, I started all the wrong receivers this week, for which I'm willing to take most of the blame, but not all. Some blame must be doled out to the so-called "experts" at Yahoo!, who gave me all sorts of bad advice regarding my matchup management. In the end, I took their advice, and for that I'm sorry, and like I said, mostly to blame.

Otherwise, the only other bad performance on my team was Chicago's team defense, who didn't really play bad, just didn't really do anything worthwhile. One sack, one fumble recovery, and very little return yardage from Devin Hester.

But in spite of these bad decisions and bad performances, our beloved Rough Ryders were still able to handily beat Team Excelsior. Of course, these things tend to happen when his QB and #1 RB are both inactive due to injuries. Had Team Excelsior played healthy players in those two positions, I may be writing about a loss this weekend.

Anyways, I'm going to cut this recap short, as we've gotten another 10+ inches of snow in the past week, and quite frankly, I'm sore from shoveling, and a bit under the weather...So at the moment I'm stoned on Nyquil and just feel like laying on the couch, wrapped in blankets, and watching TV...

Next weekend is the semi-finals in the APFL playoffs, and our beloved Rough Ryders are facing the Vocal Removers, a team full of Patriots and other assorted high scoring studs. In our only meeting during the regular season, the Vocal Removers beat us by about nine points, and right now, Yahoo! is predicting a 2 point loss for us, so it should be a great, nailbiting matchup that could go either way, depending upon how well I manage my team...I fear one wrong decision might spell doom. We shall see.

Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home