27 June 2008

Something 4 The Weekend # 73


I love this Philadelphia band...A little bit of Zappa, a little bit of Waits, throw in some Eastern European flavors, and you end up with some sort of acidized Polish cartoon music...Well, at least on this tune...
The title of this tune reminds me of the old DEVO nugget "Buttered Beauties"...
There aren't really enough songs in the popular canon with "butter" in the title, not to mention songs about beans...They're magical, musical fruit, after all, so you'd think...
Anyways...
If I'm remembering correctly, the B-52's have a song in their catalog called "Butterbean", which may or may not be based upon the old folksong of the same name, I dunno...
I've never tried butterbeans, and by my estimation, "The Ballad Of Butter Beans" isn't actually about butterbeans...
So, there ya go.
Hotcha! Hank

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home